Here is a quick refence of 2019 Tax Deadlines to help keep you organized during the year.
January 15, 2019
- Fourth quarter estimated tax payment for tax year 2018 due.
January 31, 2019
- Employer Deadline to mail out W-2 Forms to their employees and for businesses to furnish 1099 Forms reporting nonemployee compensation, bank interest, dividends, and distributions from a retirement plan etc
February 15, 2019
- Financial Institution deadline to mail out Form 1099-B relating to sales of stock, bonds, or mutual funds through a brokerage account, Form 1099-S relating to real estate transactions; and Form 1099-MISC if the sender is reporting payments in boxes 8 or 14
February 28, 2019
- Business deadline to mail Forms 1099 and 1096 to the IRS
March 15, 2019
- Corporate tax returns filing deadline (Forms 1120, 1120A, and 1120S) for the year 2018, or to request automatic six-month extension of time to file (Form 7004) for corporations that use the calendar year as their tax year
- Deadline to file partnership tax returns (Form 1065) or to request an automatic five-month extension of time to file (Form 7004)
April 15, 2019
- Individual tax returns filing deadline (Form 1040) for the year 2018 or to request an automatic extension (Form 4868). An extension provides an extra six months to file your return. Payment of the tax is still due by April 15. You can submit payment for any taxes you owe along with the extension form.
- Contribution deadline for traditional IRA, Roth IRA, Health Savings Account, SEP-IRA, or solo 401(k) for the 2018 tax year. SEP-IRA deadline is October 15 to fund a SEP-IRA or solo 401(k) if you get an extension.
- Estimated tax payments are due for the first quarter 2019 tax year
- Estate income tax or trust income tax returns deadline (Form 1041) or to request an automatic five-month extension of time to file (Form 7004)
May 31, 2019
- Financial institutions deadline to send out Form 5498 and report balances in an individual retirement account
June 17, 2019
- Estimated tax payments due for the second quarter of 2018 tax year
June 17, 2019
- Deadline for U.S. citizens living abroad to file individual tax returns or file Form 4868 for an automatic 4-month extension
September 16, 2019
- Estimated tax payments due for the third quarter of the 2019 tax year
- Corporate tax returns final deadline for the year 2018 if an extension was requested. (Forms 1120, 1120A, 1120S)
October 1, 2019
- Deadline for self-employed persons or small employers to establish a SIMPLE-IRA
October 15, 2019
- Final extended deadline to file individual tax returns for the year 2018 (Form 1040)
- Last day the IRS will accept an electronically filed tax return for the year 2018. If you’re filing after this date, you’ll have to mail in your tax return for processing.
- Final deadline to fund a SEP-IRA or solo 401(k) for tax year 2018 if you requested an automatic extension of time to file.
For help with your tax filings or assistance with your bach tax issues please contact Millennia Tax Relief at 800-697-7702